Thursday, January 5, 2012

PICKIN PUNKINS 2011


Fall is getting to be at the top of my list for seasons. I am loving the harvest time more and more every year. I used to think it was kind of a drag because it meant that summer was officially OVER, and that the days of being outside and wearing shorts were done and gone. Next up.....winter, BARF!! I loathe winter. Especially after Christmas is over and the days get colder and colder and the skies are gray. However, as the years go on I am realizing how much I actually LOVE the fall season. I love to see the changing leaves, pick pumpkins, decorate with all the orange, yellow and brown. The smells of fall are heavenly. So, I have decided to embrace the season and enjoy it even though I know what is right around the corner.

The last 2 years since moving to our new home, we have gone to a local pumpkin patch to get our pumpkins. It is such a cute little stand that is family run and they have great prices compared to any store I've ever seen them at. It was a rainy day, so we bundled Madison up and drove over to pick a punkin.



Apparently we got there after a huge crowd of people came through, so the pumpkins were pretty picked over. But we found all 4 of us one and headed for home. Madison was getting cold and I tink the pumpkin head may have scared her. LOL  :)




It was a way fun day spent together. I had some big plans for those pumpkins, but I never got a chance to do them, so we had naked uncarved pumpkins this year. Next year I will try and do better.



No comments:

Post a Comment