HAPPY EASTER! I have always LOVED Easter, it is by far one of my favorite holidays. I remember as a kid, my brother and I going on an easter egg hunt all across our 1 acre property and then riding our bikes all around our small town on a treasure hunt, going from clue to clue to find our easter baskets. We had soooo much fun!! I have looked forward to continuing that tradition with my own kids for years and years. This year however, Easter was a bit different for us. Last year, during my pregnancy, we had planned on having Waylon here with us this year to hunt for eggs and receive an easter basket with goodies, but life decided to take a major detour for us. We had planned to go to his rock and take him an easter egg, but we determined that because of the weather conditions in that area, we probably wouldn't have been able to get up the mountain. So instead of doing that, we were able to spend time with our immediate family, share in a spiritual moment and just be grateful for our savior and the possibility of eternal families. We believe one day we will be with Waylon again. We thought of you so much today son. This year, I also couldn't help but think of the cute little dresses that miss Madison will be wearing next year as she hunts for eggs and goodies. I got a feeling that she wanted to be a part of our Easter "this" year too though, so I decided that since she couldn't wear an easter dress just yet......she could be an EGG!! The outfit fit her little shape just perfectly. Chris had so much fun painting her!! It was definitely an Easter we will never forget. I love my family!! xoxo
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
EASTER 2011
HAPPY EASTER! I have always LOVED Easter, it is by far one of my favorite holidays. I remember as a kid, my brother and I going on an easter egg hunt all across our 1 acre property and then riding our bikes all around our small town on a treasure hunt, going from clue to clue to find our easter baskets. We had soooo much fun!! I have looked forward to continuing that tradition with my own kids for years and years. This year however, Easter was a bit different for us. Last year, during my pregnancy, we had planned on having Waylon here with us this year to hunt for eggs and receive an easter basket with goodies, but life decided to take a major detour for us. We had planned to go to his rock and take him an easter egg, but we determined that because of the weather conditions in that area, we probably wouldn't have been able to get up the mountain. So instead of doing that, we were able to spend time with our immediate family, share in a spiritual moment and just be grateful for our savior and the possibility of eternal families. We believe one day we will be with Waylon again. We thought of you so much today son. This year, I also couldn't help but think of the cute little dresses that miss Madison will be wearing next year as she hunts for eggs and goodies. I got a feeling that she wanted to be a part of our Easter "this" year too though, so I decided that since she couldn't wear an easter dress just yet......she could be an EGG!! The outfit fit her little shape just perfectly. Chris had so much fun painting her!! It was definitely an Easter we will never forget. I love my family!! xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
These would be so cute on the wall. You and your family are so adorable. What a cute idea! Madison is going to love this. This Easter was very special. I'm thankful for the glorious resurrection of our Savior and the beautiful experience we all shared with Waylon last week.
ReplyDeletewhat a cute egg...lol looks like you had alot of fun!!! Happy Easter Late
ReplyDeleteCutest Easter belly ever! What a cute idea you guys! I agree with the comment above you should totally print and frame that! :)
ReplyDelete