I married my best friend. I can't believe 3 years have already flown by and I am more in love with him now than ever before. I have always heard that "the first 3 years are the hardest" and though we have had some very hard times, I believe we conquered them hand in hand, growing and learning together. I don't really know why so many people say that. After we lost Waylon, I heard story after story and read statistics about marriages ending as a result of losing a child. I am so proud to say that we never even came close to falling into that category. Chris and I grieve in very different ways, but we have never been closer to each other. We both have a deep respect for the other and continue to grow in love every day. Our marriage is so incredibly strong. I believe we can make it through anything that comes our way.
I am so incredibly lucky to have such an amazing husband. He is without a doubt my best friend, and the love of my life. I can't imagine a life without him. He is truely a remarkable person, and such a good daddy. He loves his family more than anything in this world.
I remember thinking, "How did I get this lucky?" the night of our wedding. We were sitting out on the beach of Bear Lake around a camp fire and Chris was playing the guitar for me. I literally had tears in my eyes I was so happy. I always imagined what my "perfect for me" man would be like, and he has far surpassed everything I could have ever imagined.
Since our anniversary fell on a Tuesday this year and Chris had to work today, we decided to go out to Sushi this last Saturday night. We took Madison with us and we had so much fun. It was nice to get out for a bit. We don't ever eat out really, so it was extra nice to not have to cook for a night. :) Thank you handsome for the fun date.
Every year we have gone up to our camp for our anniversary, but sadly we didn't make it this year. :( Bear Lake always has Raspberry Days going on the weekend around our anniversary, so we go get one of the famous shakes and drive around the lake. Maybe we can make it up there next year.
This year, we went to Starbucks and BBQ'd at home. :)
Happy Anniversary to my handsome man. I love you more than words can say. Thank you for everything you do for me and our pack. XOXO





No comments:
Post a Comment