Wednesday, March 30, 2011

NURSERY IDEAS















So, I am going to appologize for this being hard to read right off the bat. Having no stinkin' enter key is driving me CRAZY!! So I had to share all of the pics first, then write all the text. What a nightmare!!  I decided to do Madison's nursery in pink and chocolate. All the furniture we picked out and already had is black, but I think it will still look really cute. I have all the fabric picked out to make her bedding, but I haven't started on it yet. Hopefully it won't be too hard or take too long. This coming from a total novice seamstress. I think the last time I sewed something was in Jr. High. LOL :)  I guess we'll see how I do. Luckily, Momma Carol and my Mom will be helping me. Whew!! The first pictures on here are of the nursery as of now, its a bit of a blank slate. I will update pictures as I do things too, so everyone can see the progress. I had a really hard time taking Waylon's things out of the closet and drawers and boxing them up a few weeks ago, but in my heart of hearts I know that he would be glad to pass on the room that would have been his with his baby sister. I just couldn't start putting things in there for Madison until I had properly boxed all of his. Ok, I just went off on a tangent. Back to the nursey plans.....I have found pictures of the things I want to make and do in the room, so the next pictures are of the "ideas" I have gotten from several different sites. They are not "my" finished projects yet. I have decided that I am in love with polka dots!! There are so many cute things with polka dots on them. (I am grining right now)  :)  The theme for the room is Cowgirl. So I want to do barnwood frames and cute little pink western things. I don't know if anyone else is imagining this right now, but it will be sooooo cute! Ok enough is enough right......look back over the pics at the top now that you know what I'm talking about. 

3 comments:

  1. I was just going to tell you to check out this website...www.modpeapod.com they have the CUTEST crib sets...super expensive but they have a lot of good ideas to copy ;)...thats what I'm going to do so just an idea...but I really like what you've already picked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, I was so happy to hear what you wrote about Waylon. I agree! He would be happy to have Madison love the nursery. Even though we are unhappy that Waylon is not here with us, we know in our heart-of-hearts that he is happy with God and understands the bigger picture. I love the chocolate and the pink, the stripes and the polka dots, and the bows and the stool! Oh, and honey, I am excited to come when your momma sews but I don't even know how to sew a button on.
    Love,
    Madison's grandma CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY CUTE...I really like the look :0)

    ReplyDelete