Tuesday, March 8, 2011

GUESS WHAT.....

So, recently I added a ticker to the bottom of this blog. I was curious to see how many people would notice it before I actually made an announcement on a post. I don't know how many people actually read my blog, but I am assuming since only a couple of people noticed that everyone else already knew. Forthose who are in question........

Yes, I'm pregnant!! I am currently 20 weeks and we just found out last week that we are having........

A GIRL!!

Her name will be Madison Stagge. Mmmm, isn't it precious!! We opted not to have a middle name because we want her to be able to use Stagge later on when she gets married as a middle name. We are so excited we can barely stand it!!

So here is a little history on this pregnancy so far.....since all of you may be wondering how it's going, and for those of you who aren't......too bad. ha!

After Waylon passed away, we knew that when we were able we wanted to try again for another child. So we waited about 3 months and began. It didn't happen as quickly this time, but after 3 months of trying we were pregnant again!! Then came a whole NEW slew of emotions, and let me tell you, it has been really really hard. It's been a bit of a roller coaster ride to say the least. To sum it up, I wish I was able to take something for anxiety, cause I sure could use it.

Now, on a side note.....I want to mention something, I have heard story after story about people becoming pregnant again after the loss of a child, and I determined that I should tell everyone that just because we are pregnant again doesn't mean that we are replacing Waylon. He will always have a place in our hearts, home and family. He is a part of us for eternity. Also, just because we are expecting a new baby, doesn't mean that we are done grieving for Waylon. We still greive every day, and we always will. With time, we will be better able to handle our grief, but it will never go away. The ache in our hearts will never fade, we will ALWAYS want our son back. Now I am not saying that anyone has thought these things of us, but I just wanted to make sure that while you are so happy for us and Madison on the way, please don't forget that we still need your support and love through our grief. We still NEED you to remember Waylon.

Ok, now that I have cried for a minute and got that off my chest, on to some happy things about this pregnancy. :)  I promise so pictures are coming too, so don't let me lose you in all of the text in this post. LOL 

This pregnancy was a little rough, starting out at about 6 weeks I became sooooo sick. I was sick with Waylon too, but this time was much worse. I was down and out for about 8 weeks straight. That was absolutely NO fun! Then it started to ease and I have felt better ever since. I can actually eat again now. I have gained 13 lbs so far, and I better try and stay on track cause this little girl wants chocolate and sweets!! Uh oh, I am going to be in trouble if I keep eating what she wants me to. LOL  I finally started to feel her move at 16 weeks, just little teeny ones. They are getting a bit stronger now. We are completely in love with her already!!

When we first went in to talk to Dr. S at my 6 week appointment, he said that we would be watching this pregnancy very very closely. We have done an ultrasound at every visit, and he is planning on having me come in for weekly NST's (Non Stress Tests) at 33 weeks. Then at 39 weeks we are getting her out of there if she hasn't come out on her own by then. So, that makes our due date July 15, 2011!! Mark your calendars, she's coming!!












Don't worry....More bump pictures to come! Also, stay tuned for nursery ideas I'm cooking up!!

9 comments:

  1. Jen, I love what you have written! So excited to meet little miss MADSISON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, you are amazing! I'm so glad I have your blog now and can stay in touch with you guys! Carol told me to come check it out and I'm so glad I did! First of all- CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy and congrats on a little GIRL! HOW FUN! I love what you wrote about your thoughts/feelings/etc. with your pregnancy. You really are inspiring. We'll be in Utah in June and would love to see you guys! Hopefully we can make that happen! Come check out our blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen I seriously am speechless I just read all through your blog. You are an incredible writter. I am so happy for you and your new little addition to the stagge family. I am sure she will be beautiful. I cant imagine the emotions of it all that you are having to face. Waylon is not forgotten here and never will be. I would love to someday go see Waylons rock. It looks amazing. He is one lucky little man to have such loving and caring parents. He is smiling down on you and I am sure if he could say it he would say mommy I love you and thankyou for making me feel like the most special and loved little boy. It makes me hurt to read how much you have been through. I know that I in no way understand how you feel but if you ever need someone I am here. You are in our thoughts and prayers and we love you guys so much. We look forward to meeting your little princess. I hope that you are feeling better and that things are good. Take care!!!
    love, cass

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were so excited to hear that you are pregnant-Congratulations! You are so loving. Waylon undoubtedly feels that love from you and now your little girl will get to feel that from you as well. Hopefully we can get together sometime soon! Indulge yourself with chocolate every now and then-you deserve the reward!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen,

    I am pretty sure that I am the first male to enter a comment on this post. Yes, I admit it...I do check blogs and I even occasionally write posts. (Maybe Christopher can help me grow some muscles :) Congratulations on the little girl! What a thrilling time for you and Christopher. I think the world of Christopher and his family. It is exciting to think of all the little kids that us cousins are having. Keep us all posted. We support and love you guys even though we are stuck down here in Provo (and don't see your family very often).
    -David

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jen,
    Love your blog! The pictures are great! You look so beautiful. I love your pregnant belly. We miss you and think of you, Chris, and Waylon often. We are so excited to meet little miss Madison. We hope to see you soon!
    Love you! Johanna, JJ, Jacob, and Josh

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK gonna try this again and hope you dont get all three that I have posted....I dont know why it wont take my comment.. but her goes again (third time lucky I hope) We are sooo very excited for the two of you and yes I did see it at the bottom of your blog but thought I should wait until you announced it... I bet Waylon and Madison are playing together right now and I bet Waylon is very excited to be able to send Madison down to you and Chris so that his mommy and daddy can be happy again. I just know everything will be fine this time. Waylon was just to perfect and God needed him home again. Try not to worry haha Not (this comming from the biggest worrier around.) but enjoy every min of every day with this pregnancy...things will be GREAT, LOVE you guys :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. like to see you naked showing the bump

    ReplyDelete