Tuesday, February 15, 2011

MAJOR UPDATE

Dear Blogging World:

I am writing to appologize for being MIA for quite some time now. I have been in hibernation and unable to find the energy to write. Please forgive me and accept my offerings of a huge blog post. You see, I figure since the sun is shining and it's about 60 degrees outside, so maybe it's time I come out of my den for a bit. Here are all of the updates you requested in chronoligical order. 

Sincerely,
Me

 ** Warning: lots of pictures**

July 19, 2010: Doc Holliday Turned 1 year old!!


August 21, 2010: Wyatt turned 2 years old!


Since I was griping about it on a previous post, I suppose that I should mention that I finally got enough will power to get back in shape. I was so discouraged at first, but Imanaged to lose all but 3 of the pounds I gained during my pregnancy with Waylon. Go me!! :)


In September, we finally decided to get working onputting in our fence. We sank 76 posts into the ground and spent a TON of hours on the finishing touches.. It was HARD HARD work, but so very worth it. Now we can let the mutts out the back door and they can run inthe yard all day long. Awhhhhh, what a long awaited gift to ourselves. Thank you sooooo much to everyone who helped!! We appreciate it so much!! I didn't get a picture of Dan Behm, our good friend, but he came and helped too.





October 9, 2010: SHARE Walk to Remember
Carol, Mom, Julieanne and I all went to the Layton Park to walk in honor of Waylon. Thank you girls for going with me, I couldn't have done it without you. We released ballons with messages on them into the sky. There were hundreds of people there, and at one time the sky was so filled with balloons it was unreal. So many grieving families, all in one place, at one time. It was a heartwrenching day, but a good day none the less. We all miss you so much Waylon, and we hope you got all of our messages. xoxo






October 2010: Happy Halloween!!
Mom and I made our annual trip out to Gardner Villiage to shop and have dinner. Thanks Mom for such a fun night!!


I dressed up as a witch this year to hand out candy to the trick-or-treaters!!


November 2010: The Horses are FINALLY home!!
We were able to finish our fence so that our horses could come home and it was the best day!! We waited so long for them to get here!!


We spent many days curling up by the fire when it was snowing outside. Doc Holliday is hilarious!! He will sit by the fire until his fur is singeing off!! Like yellow dog on "Funny Farm" ha ha


November 25, 2010: Happy Thanksgiving!!
We had everyone over to our house this year. I cooked a big feast, and we had our annual tradition of watching "Plains, Trains & Automobiles"



November 26, 2010: Annual Christmas Tree Hunt!!
Every year we go up to the Uintah's and cut a Christmas tree. This year was a lot of fun, the pups got to go with us to pick one out. Chris's family had this tradidion when he was growing up, so it is definitely something we wanted to continue doing for our own family.





December 24, 2010: Christmas Eve
This year we starteda new tradition. We decided that since Waylon couldn't be with us, that we would go to him. Bruce, Carol, Mom, Ren, Julieanne, Chris and I all drove up to camp. Then Mom, Ren, Julieanne, Chris, me and the pups all rode the 4-wheelers as far as we could get in the snow. When we finally had to stop we snowshoed the rest of the way up to his rock. It was covered in snow, but we went right to it. We took him a few little gifts and told him Merry Christmas. It was a great day, full of sadness and joy that we had made it up there, all at the same time. Thank you everyone for making the trek, it meant the world to us. Our camera's batteries died, so all the pics of that day are on Ren & Julieanne's camera. Thanks for taking the pics by the way. When we got back down the mountain, we all went to eat at the Ranch Hand. We will definitely be doing this every year. Merry Christmas Waylon!! xoxo

December 25, 2010: Merry Christmas
This year we decided that instead of doing presents, we would just be greatful for everything we had. Our warm home, our new fence, the horses out back, our family and our critters. It was such a hard day to get through without Waylon here, but we are even greatful for the trials we have been given in life. This year we are more aware of our blessings than ever before.





January 2011: Rock Climbing with Julieanne and Ren



February 2011: Happy Valentine's Day!!
Every year Chris and I go up to Bear Lake for Valentine's Day. This tradition started in 2008 when Chris and I snowshoed up to our peak and he proposed on 2-15-08, a day late....just to throw me off. Iwas completely surprised. So we go up every year now. This year however we decided to make it a little bit different, we decided to take one of our friend's snowmobiles and go visit Waylon's rock. We didn't stay overnight this year, but the trip was amazing. It was a beautiful day. We took Waylon a Valentine and then went out to eat at the Ranch Hand. What an awesomeValentine's Day!! Thanks handsome for making it happen. I love you more than words can say. You are my everything. xoxo




February 2011: Back to Work
Well, I just got the news last weekend.....I got a job with the IRS.So it's back to work for me for a bit. I start on February 28th. Wish me luck, it will be quite the change. 

MORE SOON TO COME....... 






1 comment:

  1. WOW thanks for the update...I was wondering whats been up. Sooo is the end of this for real??? ARE you pregnant???? If so a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you both :0) Im so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete