We went the weekend of 8/6/10 to 8/8/10 and on the way driving up there, we hit a rainstorm in Preston that cast a beautiful rainbow over the mountains. We stopped and I took a few pictures, then we went on our way and when we came out of the canyon there were rainbows everywhere! Literally, there would be one and then it would disappear, then another and it would disappear. I wish I knew exactly how many there were but I didn't have time to count. I was trying to get pictures of all of them before they faded. I felt such a peaceful feeling as we drove up to camp that day. It was as though Waylon knew we were coming and was trying to tell us how excited he was to have us there. To some that may sound crazy, but I was so happy he was giving us signs. Check out these pics.....
This was the one in Preston that we saw over the mountains. I wish I could have gotten one sooner, before it started to fade.
If you look close at this one, you can see that it was a double!!
I LOVE how this one shows the light on one side and the dark on the other. Beautiful!
They were seriously EVERYWHERE!!
This was the sunset that night. I tried to get a better picture of it, but this was the best I could do. It was gorgeous.
We BBQ'd and sat by the fire for a few hours.
Then just before we were getting ready for bed, Chris was playing biter dog with Wyatt in the dark....and this was the result.....a bloody nipple. LOL Ok, so it isn't funny. Wyatt didn't mean to, he just couldn't see and accidently bit his nipple of all things. We had to dive into the first aid box and get all the supplies out to fix him up. He was bleeding pretty bad considering, and it left a hole in his shirt. I have told Chris for a long time now that it isn't smart to play biter dog, but he just ignores me and continues to do it, so in some ways I wanted to say I told you so and do a "Nelson" laugh. (You know Ha Ha, from the Simpson's) Ok anyway, but I felt too bad for him. It looked like it really really hurt.
All in all it was a fun weekend and even though it wasn't exactly on the day of our anniversary this year, it was still a fun trip to camp.
_________________________________________________________________________
We went back to camp on 8/13/10 to 8/15/10 and again had a way fun weekend. We took our bikes, but I didn't take any pictures. I was too exhausted to remember. :)
All of us at Waylon's Rock.
Morgan decided she wanted to drive us home. She got distracted a few times by the cows in the fields as we drove past, but did pretty well for the most part.
I think this picture of the moon is so cool. I took it so that I could remember what Waylon see's every night up on the hill. The stars were so bright and not a cloud in the sky that night.
Well, so that's everything for the camp updates, I know it was a kind of long post, but I'm glad I will be able to look back on these pics and remember a few things. More to come later as we make more trips up there.
No comments:
Post a Comment